Man United star Mason Greenwood has been accused of assaulting a woman
The 20-year-old Man United star, Mason Greenwood has been accused of assaulting a woman on Sunday when photos of a woman covered in bruises and voice notes surfaced on Instagram on Sunday morning. You could hear that Greenwood was forcing himself on her in the voice note.
This has sparked colossal outrage, and many fans have demanded the termination of his contract. However, later the woman deleted all the stories and a few of her Instagram's posts.
After acknowledging the incident, Manchester United released a statement saying, "We do not condone violence of any kind."
"We are aware of images and allegations circulating on social media. We will not make any further comment until the facts have been established."
While later, Manchester United said, "Mason Greenwood will not return to training or play matches until further notice."
Although the Manchester police said "aware of images and videos circulating on social media". And are working to "establish the full circumstances."
After the horrific incident where the woman accused Mason Greenwood of assaulting her, rape, however, the 20-year-old footballer has not responded to the allegations.
Mason Greenwood, an academy player, made his debut for Manchester United in March 2019 and quickly exploded onto the scene, becoming United's key figure. He later signed a five-year deal with the club last year in February.
The Manchester United player has found the back of the net 35 times in 129 senior appearances since rising through the ranks of Red Devils academy.
Manchester United will be back in action after the international break. They will host Middlesbrough in FA Cup action on 4th February.