Novak Djokovic vs Stefanos Tsitsipas: Rome Masters: Prediction | Preview | H2H Stats
Top seed and World No. 1, Novak Djokovic sets up a mouthwatering quarterfinal clash against the fifth seed Stefanos Tsitsipas in the Rome Masters 2021.
Novak Djokovic vs Stefanos Tsitsipas: Rome Masters Preview
The World number 1 routed Spanish qualifier Alejandro Davidovich Fokina 6-2 6-1 in the round of 16. It was a clinical performance from the Serb as he fired 16 winners, won 70% of his first-serve points, and also saved 3 out of 4 breakpoints in the 70-minute encounter.
On the other hand, Stefanos Tsitsipas defeated the in-form ninth-seeded Matteo Berrettini 7-6(3) 6-2 in the pre-quarterfinals.
The first set was thrilling and the Italian led 2-0 in the tiebreaker. However, the Greek took 7 out of the next 8 points to clinch it.
The second set was one-way traffic as Berrettini kept leaking unforced errors and Tsitsipas marched on to the quarters comfortably.
Overall, the Greek was solid at the net claiming 7 out of 8 points, won 84% of his first-serve points, and saved both breakpoints. The World number 5 committed only 7 unforced errors.
Novak Djokovic vs Stefanos Tsitsipas: Head to Head Record
- Novak Djokovic leads the head-to-head record 4-2 against Stefanos Tsitsipas.
- The Serbian has never lost to the Greek on clay.
- He won the last two encounters on the red dirt, in the finals of the Madrid Open 2019 in straight sets, and the semifinals of the French Open 2020 in five sets.
Novak Djokovic vs Stefanos Tsitsipas: Key Insights
- Novak Djokovic is playing his 15th quarterfinal in Rome and is targetting a sixth title in the Italian capital.
- Stefanos Tsitsipas is playing his eighth quarterfinal out of 9 tournaments in 2021 reflecting his high level of consistency.
- The Serb has an impressive 57-9 win-loss record in the ATP Masters 1000 tournament in Rome.
- Tsitsipas was defeated by the King of Clay Rafael Nadal in straight sets in the semifinals of the last-held Rome Masters in 2019.
- Djokovic has an 11-3 win-loss record in quarterfinals in the Rome Masters and has won 7 (last eight clashes) in a row.
- Tsitsipas is featuring in the quarterfinals of the Rome Masters for the second time in his career.
- Both Novak Djokovic and Stefanos Tsitsipas are yet to lose a set in this tournament.
Novak Djokovic vs Stefanos Tsitsipas: Rome Masters: Live Stream and Highlights
The 2021 Rome Masters Quarter Final match between Novak Djokovic and Stefanos Tsitsipas can be streamed live on:
- Amazon Prime Video for UK viewers
- Tennis Channel for U.S viewers
Novak Djokovic vs Stefanos Tsitsipas: Rome Masters Game Analysis
After losing his cool in the rainy conditions against Taylor Fritz, Novak Djokovic was more consistent against Fokina with his deep returns. The 18-time grand slam champion can force his opponents to play defensive tennis with his dogged resistance and steely determination.
Stefanos Tsitsipas would be a bit concerned after landing only 53% of points on his first serve against Berrettini. The Greek managed to convert only 2 out of 7 breakpoints.
Novak Djokovic will aim to hold his serve in the initial few games to avoid giving away the momentum to Stefanos Tsitsipas.
The battle between the experienced 18-time grand slam winner and the Next-Gen sensation could be decided by the grueling rallies on the baseline.
Prediction - Novak Djokovic to win the quarterfinals of the Rome Masters in three sets against Stefanos Tsitsipas
Featured Image Credits - Getty Images