ATP Finals: Daniil Medvedev vs Stefanos Tsitsipas - Preview and Prediction
Two leaders of the next generation are all set to resume their rivalry. World number four, Daniil Medvedev will face number six, Stefanos Tsitsipas tonight.
- Medvedev leads the head to head record 5-0 against Tsitisipas
- Tsitsipas is the youngest player to beat Federer, Nadal and Djokovic in the same season
- Both Medvedev and Tsitsipas are making their debut in the ATP Finals
- Medvedev reached six consecutive tournament finals this year
- Medvedev's win-loss record in 2019 is 59-18 compared to Tsitsipas's 50-24
- Tsitsipas won two titles in 2019, Marseille and Estoril
- Medvedev won four titles in 2019, Sofia, Cincinnati, St. Petersburg and Shanghai
Strengths of Medvedev
The Russian has been an unstoppable force this season. Holding nerves under pressure, solid defense and troubling the big players have been his plus points.
Strengths of Tsitsipas
The Greek has not put a foot wrong this season. After winning the Next-Gen finals last year, he has continued his consistency this season. The fast conditions in London would suit Tsitsipas's game. Big-serve and one-handed backhand are the weapons which he needs to rely upon.
“I am still confident about my game, but I know that if I manage to be in great shape on Monday, that is what we’re trying to do now with my team. I have chances to win if I play good, and that is what I am going to try to do.” opined Medvedev ahead of the crucial clash.
It is just boring, he has a huge serve, and if you manage to get it back, it’s just countless balls inside the court", said Tsitsipas about Medvedev's game.
The electric crowd will be divided as two exciting youngsters battle it out. Under the lights, the future of tennis is in the safe hands.
Prediction - Daniil Medvedev to win in three sets
Cover Image Credits - Getty Images
Leave a Reply