Sofia Open 2020 Final: Jannik Sinner vs Vasek Pospisil prediction
Next-Gen sensation Jannik Sinner sets up an exciting clash against Vasek Pospisil in the finals of the Sofia Open
- Jannik Sinner and Vasek Pospisil are meeting each other for the first time on the tour.
- Both Sinner and Pospisil are aiming to win their first ATP singles titles.
- Pospisil has a 14-5 win-loss record on indoor courts this season.
- Pospisil is playing his second final of 2020 after finishing as the runner-up in the Montpellier Open.
- If Sinner wins tonight, he will become the youngest ATP champion since Kei Nishikori won the Delray Beach Open in 2008.
- Jannik Sinner is the first player born in 2001 to reach an ATP final.
- Sinner has dropped only 1 set in this tournament losing a set to Alex De Minaur in the quarterfinals.
- This is the sixth time this year that a new champion will be crowned on the ATP tour.
- Pospisil's serve has been broken only once in the last three matches.
- Sinner is the youngest ATP finalist from Italy in the Open era.
Jannik Sinner has been one of the revelations of the tour. His aggressive style of play, raw power off both the wings, superior baseline consistency, and tremendous pace has been his biggest strengths. Vasek Pospisil on the other hand has a giant serve and is well known for his big-hitting.
The Italian overcame a tricky Adrian Mannarino in straight sets in the semifinals. His clear ball-striking helped him to overpower the Frenchman's low slices, changes of pace, and awkward ball placement.
Vasek Pospisil was trailing by a set against Richard Gasquet. However, the Canadian played his best tennis when it mattered romping home to a 6-7 6-2 6-0 win.
Pospisil must aim to play few rallies from the baseline as Sinner is strong in that area. He can go for a serve or volley game to trouble the Italian. Having served 34 aces so far in the tournament, he will rely on his serve to stand strong.
Jannik Sinner needs to work on his stamina if this match goes the distance. If Sinner does not adapt to a quick transition between defense in terms of receiving the serve, Pospisil might pounce upon the opportunity with his offensive game. Sinner has to maintain his athletic movement and heavy backhand to do the job.
Prediction - Jannik Sinner to win in three sets.
Featured Image Credits - firstsportz.com