UEFA Champions League 2021: Manchester United vs Atalanta Head-to-Head Prediction
The UEFA Champions League group stages will take the center stage when Manchester United will host Atalanta at Old Trafford in a crunch game in Group F on Wednesday night.
Manchester United has played as a disjointed group since the start of the new season, the star-studded squad has failed to show their efficiency and recently suffered an embarrassing defeat at the hands of Leicester.
Atalanta has been satisfactory in the Champions League and Serie A this season. They are top of the table in UCL, and will go head-to-head against the Red Devils and will be intent on winning this game if want to qualify for the top 16.
Manchester United vs Atalanta: Head-to-Head
Manchester United and Atalanta have never encountered each other in any competitions and this will be the first time when they will pit themselves against each other.
Manchester United vs Atalanta: Form Guide
Manchester United vs Atalanta: Key Stats
- Manchester United have faced six Italian sides, although they have never encountered Atalanta in any major tournament.
- Out of six games against English clubs, Atalanta have won three times, against Everton twice and Liverpool (W3, D1, L2)
- Out of seven games, Manchester United have won six home games against Italian sides.
- Under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer the Red Devils have lost 58% of their UEFA Champions League games.
- Ronaldo has scored 18 goals on 23 occasions against Italian sides which is the second-highest record against Serie A clubs, first is against German opponents (28 goals).
Manchester United vs Atalanta: Predicted XI
Manchester United predicted XI (4-2-3-1): David De Gea, Aron Wan-Bissaka, Harry Maguire, Victor Lindelof, Luke Shaw, Fred, Scott McTominay, Paul Pogba, Bruno Fernandes, Mason Greenwood, Cristiano Ronaldo
Atalanta Predicted XI (3-4-1-2): Juan Musso; Rafael Toloi, Merih Demiral, Jose Luis Palomino; Davide Zappacosta, Marten De Room, Teun Koopmeiners, Joakim Mæhle; Mario Pasalic; Ruslan Malinovskyi, Luis Muriel
Manchester United vs Atalanta: Prediction
Manchester United will quickly need to return to winning way or they will be dreading to play in the Europa League yet again this season.
The squad is not showing impact in games, they have been playing dull football, Ole should change his tactics if he wants fruitful results. Their last Champions League game saw United struggled to score but managed to eke out a win over Villarreal.
While Atalanta is top of the group with a win and a draw, they are likely to cause trouble to Manchester United and a draw will be enough to keep them top of the group table. However, United will be playing at home and should get the most out of it.
Prediction: Manchester United 1-0 Atalanta