NBA 2021 Trade Deadline: Miami heat land Oladipo; Fournier to the Celtics
The NBA witnessed a busy trade deadline day as several teams strengthened themselves to ensure that the performance levels don't drop in the business end of the tournament.
The NBA trade deadline was 25th March and we now have the list of players who switched sides during this period. Let's see them in order from the last to the first day of the trade.
NBA Trade Deadline Major Deals:
- March 25 saw Miami Heat land Victor Oladipo in a last-minute deal, while the Houston Rockets managed to acquire Guard Avery Bradley, and Forward and Centre Kelly Olynyk.
- The 4-player trade saw Dallas Mavericks sign JJ Redick and Forward Nicolo Melli, while the New Orleans Pelicans forwards James Johnson and Wes Iwundu arrive.
- The 3-team deal for Reserves swap saw Chicago Bulls sign Centre and Forward Daniel Theis, Guard Javonte Green, and Forward and Guard Troy Brown, with the Boston Celtics signing Forward and Center Moritz Wagner and Center Luke Kornet.
- The Washington Wizards made a move for Forward Chandler Hutchison, and Forward and center Daniel Gafford.
- The Charlotte Hornets reeled in Guard Brad Wanamaker, while Forward and Center Marquese Chris joined San Antonio Spurs.
- The Sacramento Kings made a move for Guard Terrence Davis, while the Atlanta Hawks acquired Lou Williams.
- George Hill was landed by Philadelphia 76ers whereas the New York Knicks signed Vincent Poirier, the Center with Guard Terrance Ferguson.
- Chicago Bulls made one of the highlight signings of Center Nikola Vucevic, with Evan Fournier's arrival to Boston Celtics taking place too.
Victor Oladipo isn't the NBA player he was prior an upsetting quad injury two years ago, but he's shown signs of life recently.
He has averaged more than 25 points over his last eight games and is averaging roughly 21 points, five rebounds, and five assists on the season.
Oladipo's efficiency and defense have yet to come around, but as he regains his health in his preferred destination and in a winning environment, Oladipo should help the Heat.
A lot of big names were expected to show up but instead what we noticed was not the best returns anyone would have expected.