Real Madrid set to sign Flamengo wonderkid Reinier for 35 million euros

13 time UCL champions Real Madrid have beaten off competition from other top La Liga clubs and they are in pole position to sign the Brazilian prodigy Reinier Jesus Carvalho. The Brazil U-23 international will join Real Madrid around this month for a total sum worth around 35 million euros.

Barcelona and Atletico Madrid were also rumored to be interested in the player. Los Blancos, however, snatched the chance by arriving with a more suitable offer for Flamengo. 80% of the transfer fee offered by Real Madrid will go to the Brazilian outfit whereas the remaining 20% will be shared by Reinier and his agent.

Real Madrid are in the pole position to sign Brazil U-23 International Reinier Jesus Carvalho (Credits:Getty)

The youngster now follows in the footsteps of fellow Brazilian attacker Vinicius Junior who joined the club last season. It is uncertain whether Reinier will spend the rest of the season with Flamengo or arrive at Madrid to train with Real Madrid's Castilla.

The starlet was born in Brazil in the year 2002 and he made his senior club debut last at the age of 17. Since then, he has scored six goals in 14 appearances for Flamengo and won the Brasileiro Serie A.

Image result for Vinicius junior and rodrygo
The youngster now follows in the footsteps of fellow Brazilians Vinicius Junior(L) and Rodrygo Goes(R) Credits:Getty

He also recently signed a long term contract with his club, a deal which keeps until the year 2024. But the attractive offers from top European clubs came calling.

In addition to this, Reinier is set to feature for Brazil in the 2020 Olympics to be held in Tokyo. A player who could play in a number of roles in both midfield and attack, this can be a very good transfer for Real Madrid

President Florentino Perez is determined to continue his youth revolution by signing several young footballers in the recent transfer sessions. If this continues, there is no doubt that Real Madrid will claim the pinnacle in the near future. With Martin Odegaard, Takefusa Kubo and Rodrygo Goes in their ranks, the future looks very bright for Real Madrid

Featured image credits: Technosports

Leave a Reply