Tottenham star midfielder Dele Alli robbed at knifepoint
Tottenham’s Dele Alli described a burglary at his home as a “horrible experience” and thanked fans for their support. He expressed his gratitude for the messages of support he has received after being assaulted by burglars on Wednesday.
The Tottenham star was struck in the face and reportedly held at knifepoint during the incident, which took place at his home in Barnet, where Alli, his brother, their two partners and a friend are staying.
Jewelry was a part of the items stolen by two intruders, who then fled the scene. Alli took Twitter and said, “Thank you for all the messages. Horrible experience but we’re all okay now. Appreciate the support.”
Earlier that day, a Met Police statement said, “Police were called at approximately 00:35 hrs on Wednesday, 13 May to report a robbery at a residential address in Barnet. Two males gained entry to the property and stole items of jewelry, including watches, before fleeing. Two male occupants at the property suffered minor facial injuries after being assaulted. They did not require hospital treatment.”
Dele Alli has not had the best of the times on the pitch and it seems that things aren’t great off it too. However, the appreciation and support of the fans helped him a lot and hopefully, he can recover from the trauma at the earliest.
In these tough times, the burglars did not only suffer a crime but also broke government guidelines and will be under their custody very soon. For Dele, he will hopefully be back in action as Premier League approaches return and matches reportedly beginning from June 12.
Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho also praised the work ethics of his players and staff and expressed his desire to get back on the sidelines as soon as possible.
featured image credits- todayheadline.co
Leave a Reply