Liverpool vs Real Madrid: Head-to-Head Record in UCL | H2H Results | History | Prediction
The moment we all football fans cherish has arrived. The 2022 Champions League Final is on the horizon, with two European juggernauts, Liverpool and Real Madrid, prepared to go head-to-head in the Champions League final at Stade de France on Tuesday night.
Liverpool vs Real Madrid: Head-to-Head Preview
Champions League final: Liverpool vs Real Madrid
Date: 28th May 2022
Venue: Stade de France, Paris
Kick-off: 9 pm (CET)
Referee: Clement Turpin
Reaching the final of the Champions League has always required a combination of hard work and luck, and both clubs have worked tirelessly their way to the final with a little luck on their side.
Half of Real Madrid's team appeared in the 2018 Champions League final, and they will be in Saturday's final as well.
It's hardly surprising to witness their dedication, given that they've been performing at this level for decades. They have a group of players that are devoted and ambitious, as seen by their victories over three major clubs on their way to the final.
Liverpool, on the other hand, have established such high expectations that it is difficult to envision them losing.
Klopp has transformed the club's attitude, and they have won two domestic cups and came close to winning the league this season; such is their winning mentality, who thrives on big occasions.
Liverpool vs Real Madrid: Head-to-Head Results
|14 Apr 2021||Liverpool 0-0 Real Madrid||Champions League|
|06 Apr 2021||Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool||Champions League|
|26 May 2018||Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool||Champions League Final|
|04 Nov 2014||Real Madrid 1-0 Liverpool||Champions League|
|22 Oct 2014||Liverpool 0-3 Real Madrid||Champions League|
|10 Mar 2009||Liverpool 4-0 Real Madrid||Champions League|
|25 Feb 2009||Real Madrid 0-1 Liverpool||Champions League|
|27 May 1981||Real Madrid 0-1 Liverpool||Champions League|
Liverpool vs Real Madrid: Head-to-Head Form guide
Real Madrid: D-D-W-L-W
Liverpool vs Real Madrid: Champions League Trivia
- This will be the third time that both Liverpool and Real Madrid go head-to-head against each other in a final.
- Jurgen Klopp has overseen Real Madrid more times than any other opponent in the Champions League (9).
- Carlo Ancelotti is seeking to win the Champions League for the fourth time more than any other manager. (2002-03 & 2006-07 with AC Milan, and 2013-14 with current club Real Madrid).
- Trent Alexander-Arnold will become the second-youngest player to appear for three UCL finals after Alessandro Del Piero in 1998 (23y 192d).
- Karim Benzema (15) is just two goals shy of equalling Ronaldo’s all-time top scorer record for a single campaign in the Champions League.
- Karim Benzema, who will be 34 years and 160 days old on the match’s day could become the second-oldest player in the Champions League final after Paolo Maldini for AC Milan in 2005 (36y 333d, also v Liverpool).
- Salah has netted 33 goals under Klopp in Champions League; only three players have scored more while playing under the single manager in the competition’s history, Lionel Messi under Pep Guardiola (43), Ruud van Nistelrooy under Sir Alex Ferguson (35) and Thierry Henry under Arsène Wenger (35).
Liverpool vs Real Madrid: Flashback
Liverpool vs Real Madrid: Head-to-Head Predicted Lineup
Liverpool (4-3-3): Alisson; Konate, Van Dijk, Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, Salah, Mane, Diaz.
Real Madrid (4-3-3): Courtois; Carvajal, Militao, Nacho, Alaba, Modric, Casemiro, Kroos, Vinicius, Benzema, Bale.
Liverpool vs Real Madrid: Head-to-Head Prediction
The importance of this match cannot be overstated, as two European behemoths appear to demonstrate their character and drive to win the final.
Key Battles that will define this tie would be:
1. Trent Alex-Arnold vs Vinicius Jr
2. Karim Benzema vs Virgil van Dijk
3. Luis Diaz vs Dani Carvajal
We feel that Liverpool would get their revenge on their 3-1 loss against the Los Blancos in Paris tonight.