Ashleigh Barty vs Aryna Sabalenka: Stuttgart Open 2021 Final Prediction | Preview | H2H Analysis
The top seed Ashleigh Barty takes on the fifth seed Aryna Sabalenka in a marvelous match-up at the finals of the WTA-500 Stuttgart Open.
Barty vs Sabelenka: Stuttgart Open Preview
Barty once again lost the first set of her match, 6-4 to Elina Svitolina in the semifinals of the Stuttgart Open. But, her never-say-die spirit helped her again as she took the second set by a cliffhanger margin of 7-6(5).
Overall, the World number 1 did not commit a single double fault, fired a whopping 36 winners, and also claimed 79% of her first-serve points.
On the other hand, Sabalenka trounced the second seed Simona Halep 6-3 6-2 in the other semi-finals of the Stuttgart Open in just 66 minutes.
The Belarusian's shot-making was of the highest standards as she bagged 81.30% of points on her serve, pounded 28 winners, and also saved all her three breakpoints.
Ashleigh Barty vs Aryna Sabalenka: Head to Head Record
Barty and Sabalenka are equally tied 3-3 in their rivetting head to head record. This is their first meeting on the clay surface after six clashes in a row on hard courts.
Barty vs Sabalenka: Stuttgart Open Key Stats
- Barty is targetting her third title of the 2021 WTA season after winning two tournaments, Yarra Valley Classic in February and the Miami Open in April.
- Sabalenka is aiming to win her 10th WTA singles title in her career and second trophy of 2021 (Abu Dhabi Open).
- Ashleigh Barty is making her debut in the Stuttgart Open.
- Sabalenka has a 9-4 win-loss record in finals in her career.
- If Barty defeats Sabalenka in the finals, she will become the first World number 1 to win the Stuttgart Open since Justine Henin did it in 2007.
- If Barty beats Sabalenka, she would win her first clay-court title (Stuttgart Open 2021) since the 2019 French Open.
- Sabalenka has committed a whopping 105 double faults in her 21 matches played this year. It is the highest number among all players.
- If Barty emerges victorious against Aryna, she would clinch her 11th WTA singles title.
- Barty can become the second player in the world after the former World number 1 Lindsay Davenport by winning both the Stuttgart Open singles and doubles titles.
Ashleigh Barty vs Aryna Sabalenka: Stuttgart Open Game Analysis
Barty has utilized the fast indoor conditions at the Stuttgart Open to unleash her big-hitting abilities on the red dirt. The Australian has very efficient at the net with clever passing shots and backhand slices.
Sabelenka would be oozing with her confidence after her sublime performance against the higher-ranked Halep. It was the Belarusian's first win against a top 10 player on the red dirt. The World number 7 who has a below-par 34-30 win-loss record on the clay surface has found her range well in the Stuttgart Open.
Barty is a slight favorite due to her superior record on clay, better experience in big matches, and uncanny ability to get out of tricky situations.
Sabalenka can unsettle the World number 1 if she plays with full intensity from the first point by utilizing her tremendous athleticism in returning serves.
Prediction - Ashleigh Barty to win in three sets against Aryna Sabalenka and clinch the WTA-Stuttgart Open
Featured Image Credits - WTA
Leave a Reply