Champions League: Liverpool vs Atletico Madrid Head-to-Head Preview and Prediction
Liverpool and Atletico Madrid go head to head once again on a Champions League night at Anfield stadium as Diego Simeone's men seek to avenge their 3-2 defeat a fortnight ago.
Since their 3-2 win at Wanda Metropolitano Stadium, Liverpool have had a rollercoaster of weeks. The Merseyside eased past Manchester United 5-0 before drawing against Brighton 2-2 at Anfield. However, Liverpool are yet to taste a defeat this season.
While Atletico Madrid saw back-to-back draws before thumping Real Betis 3-0 in La Liga, which was a much-needed win for the Los Rojiblancos ahead of this crucial fixture.
Liverpool vs Atletico Madrid: Head-to-Head
|19 Oct 2021||Atletico Madrid 2-3 Liverpool||Champions League|
|11 Mar 2020||Liverpool 2-3 Atletico Madrid||Champions League|
|18 Feb 2020||Atletico Madrid 1-0 Liverpool||Champions League|
|29 Apr 2010||Liverpool 2-1 Atletico Madrid||Europa League|
|22 Apr 2010||Atletico Madrid 1-0 Liverpool||Europa League|
Liverpool vs Atletico Madrid: Key Stats and Trivia
- Liverpool have only won twice in their last 12 matches against Spanish opponents in the Champions League (W2, D5, L5)
- Atletico Madrid have only lost twice while visiting English teams in the Champions League (W2, D3, L2)
- Mohamed Salah (13 goals) can overtake Steven Gerrard (14 goals) as Liverpool’s top scorer at Anfield in Champions League history
- James Milner (12 assists) can overtake Steven Gerrard (12 assists) as Liverpool’s highest assist provider in Champions League history – Roberto Firmino is close as well with 11 assists
- Liverpool's record against Atletico Madrid in the Champions League stands at (W1, D2, L2)
- Atletico Madrid are unbeaten at Anfield in the past two head to head matches against Liverpool
- Luis Suarez finally scored an away goal in the Champions League in a 2-1 win against AC Milan in the Group Stages. This was his first away goal after six years. He scored the last away goal against PSG in 2015.
- Atletico Madrid have lost once against English teams in their six away trips (W2 D3 L1).
Liverpool vs Atletico Madrid: Flashback
Liverpool vs Atletico Madrid: Predicted XI
Predicted XI (4-3-3): Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Konate, van Dijk, Robertson; Keita, Henderson, Jones; Salah, Firmino, Mane
Atletico Madrid Predicted XI (3-4-3): Jan Oblak; Mario Hermoso, Jose Gimenez, Felipe; Kieran Trippier, Yannick Carrasco, Koke, Rodrigo De Paul; Antoine Griezmann, Joao Felix, Luis Suarez
Liverpool vs Atletico Madrid: Head-to-head Prediction
Another highly-anticipated game in the Champions League. Both the teams will fight tooth and nail to win this game, as this will be another important match for Liverpool and Atletico Madrid.
Although Liverpool will head into this game as favourites with home support. Atletico Madrid will be buoyant after a 3-0 win and will be ready to pull up the strings against Liverpool.
Prediction: Liverpool 2-2 Atletico Madrid
Related Articles: Jurgen Klopp vs Diego Simeone