Indian men's and women's hockey team schedule announced for Tokyo Olympics
The Indian men’s and women’s hockey team schedule for the Tokyo Olympics 2020 has been announced by the International Hockey Federation today.
The Indian men’s team were placed in Group A with New Zealand, Australia, Spain, Argentina and Japan. They will start their Olympic campaign on the 25th July 2020 against New Zealand.
After New Zealand, Indian team will take on Australia on 26th July. Their third match of the Pool stage will be against Spain on 28th July, then they will play defending champions Argentina on 30th July. The final match for India will be against Japan on 31st of July.
The Indian men’s hockey team qualified for the Tokyo Olympics by beating Russia 11-3 on aggregate in the Olympic Qualifiers played at Bhuvneshwar.
Like the men’s, the Indian women’s team is also placed in Group A with Netherlands, Germany, Ireland, South Africa. They start their Olympic campaign against Netherlands on 25th July, followed by against Germany on 26th.
Their next match will be against defending champions Great Britain on 29th July, followed by 31st against Ireland. Their final group match will be against hosts Japan on 1st August 2020.
The Indian women’s hockey team qualified for the Tokyo Olympics by beating United States of America by 6-5 on aggregate.
The top 2 teams in each group will qualify for the quarterfinals. The men’s event last 8 round matches will take place from second August while women’s team matches will take place from third August 2020.
The semi-finals will be played on 4th and 5th of August respectively. The medal matches will take place on 6th and 7th of August respectively.
Here we look at the schedule of the Indian men’s and women’s hockey team for Tokyo Olympics 2020.
- India vs New Zealand (25th July)- 6 am
- India vs. Australia (26th July)- 3 PM
- India vs. Spain (28th July)- 6.30 AM
- India vs. Argentina (30th July)- 6 AM
- India vs. Japan (31st July)- 3 PM
- Quarterfinals (2nd August)- 6 AM, 8.30 AM, 3 PM, 5.30 PM
- Semi-finals (4th August)- 7 AM, 3.30 PM
- Medal matches (6th August)- Bronze medal (7 AM), Final (3.30PM)
- India vs. Netherlands (25th July)- 5.15 PM
- India vs. Germany (26th July)- 5.45 PM
- India vs. Great Britain (29th July)- 6 AM
- India vs. Ireland (31st July)- 8.15 AM
- India vs. South Africa (1st August)- 8.45 AM
- Quarterfinals (3rd August)- 6 AM, 8.30 AM, 3 PM, 5.30 PM
- Semi-finals (5th August)- 7 AM, 3.30 PM
- Medal Matches (7th August)- Bronze medal ( 7 AM), Finals ( 3.30 PM)
Cover image courtesy: India TV