PSG vs Manchester City: Head-to-Head Record | H2H Stats | History | Previous Results
- Champions League nights are back and Wednesday night is expected to bring us another enthralling contest between two sides who have been in exceptional form this season.
- PSG will be hosting Manchester City in the semi-finals of the at the Parc des Princes, as Mauricio Pochettino and Pep Guardiola face each other after 2019.
- Will Manchester City finally get a step closer to win their maiden UCL? Or Will Mauricio Pochettino's PSG knockout Pep and co after beating the defending Champions League holders?
As far as this tie is concerned, the teams faced each other for the last time in 2016, and it will be interesting to see how things pan out for both sides.
The sides have played each other only twice in the last decade. Let's analyze their recent meetings in detail.
1) Manchester City vs PSG (13 April 2016 | Etihad Stadium)
Last time the sides faced each other, it was a quarter-final, this time it's a semi-final, and that means the pressure will be too much on both sides, especially looking at their past seasons in the competition.
This meeting witnessed no goals in the first half, but Kevin de Bruyne popped up just a minute into the final quarter of the game as City won 1-0.
Final Score: Manchester City 1-0 PSG
2) PSG vs Manchester City (7 April 2016 | Parc Des Princes)
The last time both sides faced each other in Paris, the game was a much better one compared to the second leg.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic had an opportunity to kick-start the game well as the Parisiens were rewarded with a spot-kick in the 14th minute. However, the Swede failed to make the most of the chance.
The 38th minute saw De Bruyne score for the Cityzens. Just three minutes later, Ibrahimovic equalized for his side.
The second half picked up well, and Paris Saint-Germain eventually took the lead as Adrien Rabiot scored from an Edinson Cavani assist. However, just 13 minutes later, Fernandinho rescued his side with a crucial goal which was also the final goal of the game.
Final Score: PSG 2-2 Manchester City
|Manchester City Wins||1|
A lot has changed between these sides since 2016. The 2016 tie had different personnel compared to 2021. Manchester City were under Manuel Pellegrini, while Laurent Blanc was the PSG boss. Yaya Toure was still a Cityzen, and Serge Aurier, Zlatan Ibrahimovic were still with the Parisiens.
PSG vs Manchester City Prediction
Last year's Champions League finalists, Paris Saint-Germain, look all set to go hard for the extra mile this time in the Champions League, and they couldn't have a better man replacing their ex-boss Thomas Tuchel.
PSG and Manchester City are known to attack with everything they have, but there is a strong focus on maintaining a fluid defensive transition.
A lot is anticipated from both sides, and a high-scoring fixture is hopefully on the cards. Manchester City may have the slight edge due to Pep's head-to-head record being better against Pochettino, but Pochettino has form and players who went past through this stage last season.
Prediction: PSG 2-1 Manchester City