Robert Lewandowski: Leaving behind a successful legacy at Bayern Munich
As Robert Lewandowski bids farewell to Bayern Munich, where he spent eight years and won several titles, we look back at his stats and achievements, as well as how he became a Bayern Munich legend.
However, there are so many milestones he has made that it is impossible to count them all. Thus Sportco will feature his most significant distinctions with Bayern.
Robert Lewandowski was an unsung striker in Europe until he struck four goals against Real Madrid in the Champions League semi-finals.
Bayern Munich swooped in before any other team could sign him. Since then, the 33-year-old had a most smooth rise in Bayern.
There was not a single game that went by without him being on the scoresheet. Lewandowski possessed everything a striker required, but he was notable in that he was quick, accurate in front of goal, and hardly missed when he was in the opposition box.
What made him so remarkable was that he thrived in every situation and delivered regardless of the outcome.
Robert Lewandowski spent eight years with Bayern Munich, where he broke and set records every season.
Robert Lewandowski: Stats at Bayern Munich
|UEFA Super Cup||1||1|
|DFL Super Cup||8||6|
|FIFA Club World Cup||2||2|
- Robert Lewandowski is the second highest goal scorer in Bayern's history with 344 goals, behind Gerd Muller (563).
- He is also the second-highest goal scorer (312) after Gerd Muller (365).
- The Polish striker tops the list of most goals in a season (41) in 2020-21.
- Robert Lewandowski has been the top scorer in Bundesliga across seven seasons, including five in a row.
- With 69 goals to his name, the 33-year-old is Bayern's top scorer in Champions League.
- For eight successive seasons, former Dortmund player has managed to net 25-plus goals for Bayern in a single campaign.
- Lewandowski and Gerd Muller hold the record for the most golden boot award (7).
- the Bayern striker is the first Bundesliga player to score goals on matchday 1 for seven years in a row.
- Lewandowski is the quickest player to score 80 goals in his 100 Champions League appearances.
- Lewandowski's goals-per-match ratio is 0.92 and is only second to Gerd Muller, who is Bayern's all-time top-scorer.
The most memorable moments of Robert Lewandowski at Bayern Munich
While Robert Lewandowski departs Bayern Munich with a legacy, the Bavarians will struggle to replace such a talented player. He will remember many of the unforgettable moments he experienced at Bayern Munich.
The most famous five-goal haul was when he came on as a substitute and scored five goals. It was his second season with the German giants he became the only substitute to find the net five times.
Although the Polish striker only scored once in the 8-2 defeat of Barcelona, he was in the form of his life at the time and finished the Champions League campaign as the top scorer.
There have been several occasions when Robert Lewandowski has rallied Bayern Munich to victory, even when the game is tied, or Bayern is losing. Over eight years, he has scored 128 game-winning goals for Bayern.
Since leaving the club where he spent eight years, he has established himself as one of Europe's top players. Now, the Polish striker will embark on a new chapter with a new club, hoping to inscribe his name in their history.