Juventus vs Chelsea: Head-to-Head Prediction: UEFA Champions League 2021/22
One of the standout fixtures of matchweek 2 in the UEFA Champions League 2021/22 sees Juventus go head-to-head Chelsea as both teams battle it out for the top spot on Wednesday night.
Juventus had a shaky start to the season as they endured back-to-back defeats before returning to winning ways. However, their Champions League opener begun on a promising note as they trashed Malmo 3-0.
Meanwhile, Chelsea tasted their first-ever defeat of the season as they were outfoxed by Man City in their Premier League clash last week and the blues will need to bounce back with a trip to Turin on the horizon. Chelsea is second in the Champions League group table after a narrow victory over Zenit Petersburg.
Juventus vs Chelsea: Head-to-Head Results
|20 Nov 2012||Juventus 3-0 Chelsea||Champions League|
|19 Sept 2012||Chelsea 2-2 Juventus||Champions League|
|10 Mar 2010||Juventus 2-2 Chelsea||Champions League|
|25 Feb 2009||Chelsea 1-0 Juventus||Champions League|
Juventus vs Chelsea: Head-to-Head Form Guide
Most Recent <<<
Juventus vs Chelsea: Trivia & Facts
- Chelsea have played 25 games against the Italians team where they have won eight, drawn eight, and lost nine (W8, D8, L9)
- Romelu Lukaku has played five times against the Old Lady but have never found the net against them
- Alvaro Morata is the only player to have played for both teams
- Chelsea have only lost three of their last 32 UEFA Champions League group stage matches (W20 D9)
- The Blues have lost each of their last four away games against Italian sides in the UEFA Champions League.
- The Old Lady have won seven games in Europe against reigning champions. Real Madrid is the only team to have won most (11)
Chelsea vs Juventus: Flashback
Chelsea vs Juventus: Predicted XI
Juventus Predicted XI (4-4-2): Wojciech Szczesny; Alex Sandro, Matthijs de Ligt, Leonardo Bonucci, Juan Cuadrado; Rodrigo Bentancur, Manuel Locatelli, Adrien Rabiot, Federico Chiesa; Dejan Kulusevski, Moise Kean
Chelsea Predicted XI (3-4-3): Edouard Mendy; Andreas Christensen, Thiago Silva, Antonio Rudiger; Cesar Azpilicueta, Marcos Alonso, Mateo Kovacic, N'Golo Kante; Hakim Ziyech, Kai Havertz, Romelu Lukaku
Chelsea vs Juventus: Head-to-Head Prediction
It looks like Chelsea will have the upper hand going into this game as Juventus forward line is ravaged by injuries. Paulo Dybala was seen in tears after coming off due to an injury in a recent match, and Alvaro Morata, who is recovering, will not be fit for the game.
This could be a huge advantage for Chelsea as they on the contrary have a fully-fledged squad that can outclass Allegri’s men, and Thomas Tuchel should make the most out of this. Hence our prediction for Juventus vs Chelsea is .........