Manchester City vs Chelsea UCL Final: Prediction | Preview | Odds | Head-to-Head
Ahead of the massive UCL Final clash between Manchester City and Chelsea, Sportco provides you with some valuable insights, preview, prediction, odds, head-to-head and trivia.
Manchester City vs Chelsea UCL Final Prediction: Match Details
- Man City vs Chelsea
- Date: 29th May 2021
- Kick-off time: 8 PM UK Time
- Venue: Estadio Do Dragao Stadium, Porto, Portugal
Manchester City vs Chelsea UCL Final Prediction: Interesting Facts
- The last time Chelsea and Manchester City went head-to-head in Europe was back in the 1970/71 European Cup Winners’ Cup semi-final in which Chelsea won both legs 1-0 to progress to the final against Real Madrid.
- Thomas Tuchel is the first coach to reach back-to-back Champions Finals with two different clubs (PSG and Chelsea)
- Pep Guardiola has a staggeringly impressive record in major finals. He has triumphed in 14 out of 15 attempts with a final win percentage of 93.3% for Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Man City.
- Chelsea have reached the UCL final twice (2008, 2012) and on both occasions, the match went on penalties. Third time as well?
Manchester City vs Chelsea UCL Final Prediction: Odds
|Man City vs Chelsea UCL Final Odds|
|Man City Win||-114|
|Chelsea score first||+380|
|Man City score first||+106|
|Man City 1-0 Chelsea||+510|
|Man City 0-1 Chelsea||+900|
Chelsea vs Man City Head-to-Head Record: Last 5 Matches
Manchester City vs Chelsea UCL Final Prediction: Line ups
Thomas Tuchel will stick to his favored 3-4-3 formation which has worked for him at Chelsea. We might see an odd surprise from Tuchel from the line-up prediction mentioned in the image for the UCL final.
Pep Guardiola has a fully fit squad at his disposal and hence, would go with his usual 4-2-3-1 formation. We could expect him to deploy De Bruyne as the false number 9 instead of Gabriel Jesus.
Manchester City vs Chelsea UCL Final: Prediction
Chelsea will have a psychological edge over Man City having won against Pep Guardiola's men in their last two meetings including an F.A Cup semi-final win.
This final is a tight one to call. Both teams have a solid defense and tactically nuanced. Hence, we expect it to go down to the wire, into extra time and probably penalties.
UCL Final Prediction: Man City 1-1 Chelsea AET (Chelsea to win on penalties)